Oct. 3-4, Mosaic Fall Retreat. My Sunday School Class had a "retreat." It was a NICE dinner and AMAZING dessert prepared by our Martha Stewart - Jeannie. We carved pumpkins. Played some Sharades. Stayed up until I couldn't handle it anymore (11:30pm for me). And the next morning, we had breakfast, bible study, etc. It was really nice. See Pictures Here.
Oct. 5-9, I was in DC. I got to do fun things like:
- Spend more than enough time at Union Station.
- Stopped By St. Matthews Cathedral where JFK’s funeral services were held.
- Took the over-rated Double Decker Tour. It was good for my grandmother otherwise money not wisely spent. I say – get a map, comfortable shoes an start walkin!
- Went to the Holocaust Museum (Not sure this qualifies as “fun” per se).
- Evening walk around the National Mall – I am still and forever will be amazed by my grandmothers endurance! We chilled at the Washington Monument for a bit. Sang silly songs and laughed at each other…or was it with each other…I can’t remember.
- A visit to Mount Vernon! THIS WAS MY FAVORITE…I felt like I could be Elizabeth Bennet walking through the hilly landscape to visit Mr. Darcy – or something.
- A walk through the Arlington National Cemetery. Saw the changing of the guards and a really HOT guy in uniform. Thought it would show extreme disrespect if I slipped him my number.
- After Arlington Cemetery, we walked to Iwo Jima. Kind of funny that the President of Slovakia was there. Secret service told to me stay on the grass. I barely even touched the pavement…
I went back to work on the Friday the 10th.
Oct. 16, Without asking for my permission my brother Tim turned 17 years old. I gave him a cool wallet for his birthday. I still owe him Korean food. MMmmmm, can’t wait.
Oct. 18, Annual Pumpkin Carving Party. While I was in college I carved my first pumpkin and LOVED IT! Every year my friends would get together to carve pumpkins. When I came home I thought – UH HELLO! This would be fun with the FAMILY! This tradition started in 2007 and will continue till kingdom come! It’s my favorite party to host for the family. Talk about TONS OF FUN! The pumpkins are amazing…and some of us still face pumpkin carving challenges, but I won’t single anyone out (one of my cousins ended up cutting their pumpkin in Half!!). Oh - and I totally have to share with you a Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe! It's SOOOOO delicious!
Oct. 20-25, Crazy week at work. Parties, Seminars, Board Meetings, lots of food. I did sneak in some fun with friends! (snort, snort) And Saturday the 25, was my Sunday Schools second Flag Football game. I and another friend decided to be team “moms” since we weren’t playing. Fun stuff – and AMAZING PLAYS!
Oct. 31, Dressed up as an 80’s girl. And went to Long Point’s Fall Festival.
Nov. 1, HoeDown. My church has an annual hoedown for the singles ministry. It was A TON of F-U-N!
I'll post pictures...It's amazing I even got this post out.