- I love my family. Isn’t it true that they know you so well - they know where all the buttons are and also where all the tickles are too.
- I love Jesus. Before you go on and roll your eyes saying, she’s another one of those crazy Christians hold on just one second! I grew up in church and have been a bit jaded by it, but ONE thing remains true - Jesus loves me so much! And you too. (Read John 3:16-17 and 2 Peter 3:9) There is grace and hope in Him.
- I love laughing. It doesn’t happen all day everyday but I do laugh more than just once a day. And not just a hold it in laugh…A good hearty laugh. I love those laughs!
- I’m really good at what I know. I’ve been told that I’m a little cocky about my creativity but that is what I KNOW and I like to share it with others – not in a rub it in kind of way, but I’d like for them to excited with me! And notice I don’t post it on my blog. I don’t know why, but what I’m best at I keep a bit personal. One day, I’ll grow out of that. But secretly (not so secret now) I have the perfect job title: Creative Genius.
- I’m really careful with what I don’t know. If I don’t know something I become really hesitant. I’ll ask questions and think about how it works before I take the plunge. Sometimes time isn’t on my side, but I do what I can. I don’t mind being corrected, but I also can’t stand when it’s assumed that I know something. We all know what assuming does!! ;o)
- I love writing – even though I don’t consider it a strength. Once in a blue moon – there is a poem. More frequently there are notes to friends, family, and a few potential friends. Tragically, I’m not the best at putting those things in the mail. I have 3 sitting on my desk at home right now!
- I love the mountains and I love lakes too and trees and flowers and and... There is something about God’s creation that even in pictures it takes my breath away.
- I don’t like big crowds. Funny that I’m in them all the stinken’ time, but I’ve learned to work with crowds and recharge my batteries alone in a quiet places. I like smaller groups where you can learn people’s names and things about them. Getting lost in the shuffle is not fun. Nor is it fun to be pushed or squeezed trying to get from point A to point B.
- JEANS – when I find the perfect pair they are my best friend! If I could choose what to wear on the daily it would be JEANS…dress ‘em up, dress ‘em down. Regardless they are my favorite.
- There is more to me than this list.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Conducive or favorable to health or well-being.
Have I mentioned how much I love salubrious laughter. I've had a lot of it lately and for that I'm thankful.
Here is one conversation via AIM that had me laughing pretty hard. The conversation started with a blurb I had to cut in half (yes, work related).
Me: If you're interested in reading the final butchering you can come read it
Intern: I'm coming. I love gore and blood!
Me: I just read this. GORE and BLOOD. HA.
Me: are you talking about Braveheart?
Intern: more Gladiator. I don't know why, but I actually hated Braveheart.
Me: I can't stand the actor for the Gladiator!!! WHACK!
Intern: WHAT!!! "My name is Maximus Decimus Brulius, commander of the armies of the North, General of the Felix legion, loyal servant to the true emperor Marcus Aurelius, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will seek my vengence in this life or the next."
Me: Okay, I never said that I didn't like the movie...but if HE could be replaced by another actor I'd like it Much much better
Me: But then again, he played the role well. So, I can't think of a suitable replacement
Me: Schwartznager* was prob governer* by then and he'd make it too cheesy! :o)
Intern: No kidding! Hasta la vista, Commodus!
Intern: actually, it would be commode
Me: HA HA HA
*Excellent spelling, I know!!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Plans are already underway to rebuild our Voss Road store, but in the meantime, come visit us at 1755 FM 1960 West and 1200 N. Dairy Ashford. You will find the same high level of service and quality, plus you will see the familiar faces of many employees from Voss Road.
We regret the inconvenience caused by the Sunday morning fire, which destroyed our Cornelius store on Voss Road, but appreciate your loyalty. We will keep you posted on the progress of rebuilding that nursery.
Please join us at our store on Dairy Ashford or FM 1960 this Friday from 5-7 pm for Happy Hour and enjoy an additional 20% off your entire purchase. We are still here to serve your gardening needs!
Thank you for your continued support.
Your Cornelius Team
Monday, July 14, 2008
It was the Cornelius Nursery on Voss, next to the Texas Art Supply (another store high on the list). Cornelius is the Saturday or Sunday afternoon CHILL store. This is where I go when I need big TEXAS Hair ribbon or inspiration for decoration or gifts. I love going especially for Christmas!! Here, they knew me by name and they'd give me a friendly pat on the back to say hello. I paid for EXCELLENT customer service! It was like CHEERS, only no beer.
And now it's gone!
Rumor has it they will rebuild. As a creature of habit, it worries me that "my people" won't be there when it is rebuilt, that their stuff will be different, and that it just won't have that same hominess this ONE place had.
I will live.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
–noun, plural -teurs
a person who is skilled in relating stories and anecdotes interestingly.
Origin: 1820–30; <>re- + aconter to tell, account) + -eur -eur]
She is my late-grandfather’s oldest sister. She’s become really good friends with my grandmother (her sister-in-law). Since she lives in Mexico, I don’t get to see her often, but when I do I LOVE LOVE LOVE the off the wall stories she tells.
Here’s one that I remember. (Keep in mind that I am not the raconteur, my aunt is. Me telling the story gives it NO justice!)
One afternoon, Tia Kika notices that the water heater went out. She calls the water heater guy to come replace it. He does, but he just hooked it up without turning it on or anything. As she’s working on her stuff, she notices the hot water isn’t working and thinks it’s crazy because she just got the water heater replaced. She goes to check out the water heater and diagnose the problem – the problem being that the SOB didn’t light the water heater! Being the resourceful woman that she is, she gets a rag and dips it in diesel lights it to light up the water heater. When she puts the match to the rag there’s an “explosion” singeing the hair off of her arms and face. Yes – She even singed her EYEBROWS and her bangs!!!That is one story of a million! I love her so much! And if I can be like her when I grow up (minus dipping rags in diesel and singeing my arm hair and eyebrows) I will be one lucky woman!