Friday, January 30, 2009
To add icing on the cake, I heard yesterday that my Tio Pepe passed away. Tio Pepe is my dad's oldest brother. He is the uncle that always picked us up from the bus station or airport any time we went to visit. He took us anywhere and everywhere in Mexico City and it's surrounding areas. He told the most hilarious jokes. Anyway...I've never seen my dad cry quite like this.
Although, I'm really sad to lose my uncle...I'm extremely saddened for my cousins that has lost their father. They are my age, but still...Can you imagine losing your DAD? OMG! The thought makes me go crazy!
I'm going to Mexico tomorrow night. Not something I had planned, per se...but I want to see my cousin, Ale.
You guys can keep us (Marquez) in your prayers.
Monday, January 26, 2009
I was tagged by my "Guatemalan" friend, Sara Beth Drake.
Facebook Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
- I don't particularly love yogurt, but when I eat it...it has to be with a plastic spoon.
- Writing poetry is fun!
- A 14 year old girl taught me how to knit.
- I love to make water color collages.
- I lived in South Korea for a year and never thought I'd say that I like kimchi.
- Cooking is not my forte. Although some assume Mexican woman = great cook! WRONG! What I cook is good, but I don't have too many tricks up my sleeve.
- Barnes and Noble makes the best Desk Diary. I think if I lost mine I'd die, or something.
- My mother taught me how to crochet when I was ten and I didn't understand it until I was 24 - slow learner, or something.
- I'm an introvert. Meaning...I get energy from being alone rather than from being with people. I have to take breaks from peeps.
- I claim that I'm not a crier, but ahhh....I cry. Steel Magnolias, kindergarten Christmas choir concerts, Titanic, an unexpected letter, a hallmark commercial. Yeah, I'm not a crier - what are you talking about?
- Pretty sure, I got my first gray strand of hair two weeks before my 23rd birthday. You guess it - I cried.
- I have an old man crush on David Letterman. It's the suit. It's the suit. That man can wear a suit like nobody's business!!! And he's freaking HILARIOUS!
- Give me some colorful paper, scissors and glue and I can make some COOL stuff!
- I play the violin. Mainly stick to Suzuki, classical pieces and hymns. And I'm shy about it.
- Every sugar cookie I've ever made has been a failure. Seriously...I don't know what it is about sugar cookies, but they just don't like me. I can make other kinds just fine. Just not Sugar Cookies.
- I have a life long friend whose name is Angela Rangel. I met her when I was 2. She was 5. That's FOREVER.
- I didn't know how to pronounce "Chevrolet" until I was in High School. I was pretty embarrassed...but what can you do if you grew up in a Spanish speaking home and NEVER EVER cared about cars unless they were a Porsche or Mercedes?
- I've never worked in a restaurant and hope to never have to do it.
- Children's Literature is my FAVORITE! OMG. I'd rather read a kid book over some brainy adult book (although, I do love reading). There is something so refreshing about children's books...I'm not talking picture books either - but whoa...I love picture books too. Don't get me started.
- Going to the dentist is one of the best stress relievers ever! I mean you walk out with the cleanest mouth ever! Healthy mouth, healthy heart.
- Uh, Speaking of dentists...I have friends in the industry.
- I'm a PK. Pastor's Kid. And don't say, "Now I know why..." cause I've always been a pretty good kid.
- I waited until I was 18 to get my driver's license. And the car that I have now was my first car that I bought on my own...with the Lord's provision of course.
- A 5k was never in my "plans" until I went to the Houston marathon in January. I'm training now...and I'll be running a 5k in April.
- I don't buy things that are too "popular." I tend to boycott those things - there's no ORIGINALITY!
Tag YOUR it!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Go and get the February issue of:
And flip to page 14. (or click on the logo. It'll take you to cyber page 14)
Isn't that cool? So cool.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
So, I was especially excited for my Uncle Joel during the inauguration because his work was displayed nationally and worldwide. Take a look at Mr. & Mrs. Biden's coats. Yes...they had my Uncle's touch.
It seems as though 2009 brought in change typhoon style. I can't keep up with it (or so it seems). Walking into my office makes me feel like I might hyperventilate...I'd post a picture of my office, but seriously...I'm too embarrassed to even show you. It's crazy.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
God is working on my trusting Him. I'm constantly saying, "yeah, but..."
And yet, He continues to provide for me reasons to trust him...TANGIBLE reasons. and all I can say is:
Great is Thy faithfulness,
O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not,
they fail not;
As Thou hast been,
Thou forever will be.
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!