Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 – The year of the Learning Curve

It's a brand new year! Wow the possibilities! There will be change & it will indeed require a learning curve.

Theme verse for 2009:
"Do not call to mind the former things,
Or ponder things of the past.
"Behold, I will do something new,
Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it?
I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,
Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:18-19

Theme Picture for 2009:


The not so serious but serious Goals for 2009:

  1. Read more books!
    a. These are the books I read (cover to cover) in 2008.
    i. Atonement, Ian McEwan
    ii. Treasuring God in Our Traditions, Noel Piper
    iii. The Master Plan of Evangelism, Robert E. Coleman
    iv. East of Eden, John Steinbeck ("HOLY MOTHER" is all I have to say about this one!)
    v. Reedeming Love, Francine Rivers
  2. Finish what I started in 2008. :o)
    a. The rag quilt I started midsummer was put away and I pulled it back out Christmas week.
    b. The sewing desk…the part that was just about finished is still just about finished. I WILL FINISH it in 2009.
    c. I got my wisdom teeth pulled so I can get my teeth straightened, among other reasons – so that project continues.
  3. Be ticket free
    a. I got TWO tickets in 2008. UGH!
  4. Lose weight – OF COURSE IT HAS TO BE ON THE LIST
    a. I have INICIATIVE that goes way into the year! That always helps!
    b. I also have a goal and timeline, but really why would I share that here? That's BORING!
  5. Make a quilt (not a rag quilt but a REAL quilt)
    a. I have a pattern picked out. Just got to give it a go (after I finish the sewing desk).

So there you have it folks. Happy New Year!

No comments: