Monday, August 22, 2011

My Classroom - Before and After

{BEFORE} Honestly, I didn't know where to start. The good thing was that the teacher there before me was AMAZING at getting her stuff and moving it to her room. She's been really helpful.
How did I get through this? Well, I made a plan. I mapped out my room and started working from one area to the next - throwing things away or organizing them and putting them away as I went through the room.

{AFTER}
I started by putting all the tables in the middle and hiding the chairs behind a wall - just so that I could SEE what I wanted to look like without the stack of chairs. Then, I decided what work stations I'd have in the future: whole group, small group, computer station, library, writing station and listening station. I designated the areas and then went to town.
My favorite spot is the library!! Are you surprised? I still have to work on it to get it sorted by genre.
I can't wait for the room to be "ACTIVE"!!

No comments: