Sunday, September 2, 2012

What's in my lunch box...

A couple weeks ago, sitting through some long meetings, I decided I should make a list of things I would like to take to lunch as an honest to goodness effort to THINK through my meals and avoid excessive weight gain this school year.

In order to spruce up my eating habits at work and my BLOG (since I'm hardly ever here), I'm going to write a weekly post about what I ate and if it helped my efforts to eat healthier & avoiding weight gain.

Here we go:

1. Turkey sandwich with avocado, goat cheese, & baby romaine lettuce on Light Style Soft Wheat Bread
2. Baby Bell Peppers with a LITTLE ranch dressing (seriously - one of my favorite snacks EVER! you could also have them with laughing cow cheese...)
3. Grape tomatoes
4. Baby Carrots
5. Cherries
6. A nectarine or an orange

To drink - mostly water. But I'm a school teacher and it's rough in the afternoons. I used to turn to Coke for a pick me up but I found that Crystal Light has the energy mix with CAFFEINE!! So, I don't do more than one a day of the mixes.

Oh and one other thing...I'm totally into grinding two tablespoons of flax seed and putting it in my water in the mornings. LOVE IT! I don't know if you'd like it, but you should try it. What I like is flax seed, apple slices and a cinnamon stick in my water....TASTY, REFRESHING and SOOO good for you!!

It's a lot of fresh food! Very filling! Very good lunch. Some of it I ate for an afternoon snack. Delicious!

On a scale of one to 5, how did it help in my efforts? FIVE! Thank you very much.

We'll see how this next week goes!

Enjoy your Labor Free Day Monday!

No comments: