Tuesday, October 16, 2007

16 years

It was during lunch time in fourth grade, October 16, 1991 that I stood in the lunch line feeling completely weird. I was thinking, "Today, I'm going to be a big sister!" I could hardly eat from the excitement and I couldn't wait for dad to pick me up to take us (aser and me) to meet our baby brother.
Once we made it to the hospital, we were so thrilled that we sounded like a broken record. We kept saying, "It's a boy! It's a boy! It's a boy!"
Sixteen years later, he's bigger, stronger, taller - OH, BUT NOT SMARTER (or better looking) - than his older sister! He's learned to play the guitar quite well and gives the occasional lesson to yours truly! He's one of the most compassionate people I've ever met! I get onto him about his spelling skills. But if he were perfect, then he wouldn't be so likeable!! So...here's to Tim for being a delightful surprise!

(Tim is in the grey shirt and baseball cap. We celebrated his birthday at this joint called Chicago's!)

No comments: