n. pl. bal·ly·hoos
- Sensational or clamorous advertising or publicity.
- Noisy shouting or uproar.
- First, a friend of mine is shocked when she sees a billboard that reads: Jesusdoesnotcare.com. To which I responded, "Yeah, it's probably one of those church websites. You know - Jesus doesn't care...where you've come from, how you dress, if you're rich or poor..." Turns out that it is a billboard from her church! It caught our attention for sure. You should check it out!
- Second, coming up 59 north, there is a billboard that reads: moonvertising.com. It has this big moon thing sticking out and there's green light stuff all over it and I think..."What are they trying to be - BATMAN?" Yes, curiosity had me. You should check it out!
- And last, but certainly NOT least, I spoke to another friend about The Real Men of Genius, Bud light commercials. I think these are considered ballyhoos. Whoever is on this brainstorming team really is a genius! I mean, who comes up with stuff like (yes click and listen. You should check them out!):
Edit: Go here if the links don't work.