Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back in Time

Have you guys ever done a time capsule? My family (Valdez-Rogriguez clan) put one together 10 years ago. It was on Thanksgiving that we were supposed to open it. But of course, every time we throw a party we forget that we even have it. So, there's a couple of us who are DYING to see what's in it! I was fifteen - a bit nerdy and reserved...with a little silly in the mix. I'm really curious to see what I wrote or put in that thing. Oooooh I can't wait.

Speaking of back in time, a while ago I spent a weekend organizing my bookshelf by genre and author (okay so I'm still a little nerdy) and I found this little book that I made when I was in first grade (or was it second grade). Regardless of what grade it was, I remember feeling disappointed that I didn't have enough time to finish it, but also being so impressed by my work. It's super cute and I still think it's pretty genius. (ha ha ha! I'll take a humility pill in a second.)

Our teacher showed us this book and then put us to work. I made little lady bug prints all over my page and then in the middle wrote a little poem that goes like this:

I can hug my mother
I can hug my dad
but I can't hug a
(thumbprint art here)
ladybug.
Okay, laugh if you want, but I think I'm going to get it framed I've decided.

1 comment:

JMT said...

I LOVE this poem! Please may I use it for Micah's book of poems? It's brilliant! Especially the thumbprint art :) I love you!