Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wednesday Word: making wednesday worthwhile

I realize it's Thursday, but I can't help posting a word.

The word for the MONTH is:

di·ver·sion: [di-vur-zhuhn, -shuhn, dahy-] –noun
1. the act of diverting or turning aside, as from a course or purpose: a diversion of industry into the war effort.
2. a channel made to divert the flow of water from one course to another or to direct the flow of water draining from a piece of ground.
3. British. a detour on a highway or road.

4. distraction from business, care, etc.; recreation; amusement; a pastime: Movies are his favorite diversion.
5. Military. a feint intended to draw off attention from the point of main attack.

Number 4 is the reason for posting this word. At work, we're down to the wire for our Annual Meeting. I'll take whatever DIVERSION I can get. At this point, I have to be pretty selective or I'll wear myself out and be useless for either work or play. Read this entry - under the dotted line. That's what happens when I pack it in full.

So, in my selectivity, I chose to go to one of the most awesome concerts last night! Like OMG, SO FREAKIN' COOL! Watch this trailer for the show. They are touring in the states and I'm so stinkin' glad I got to see them. When the show was over I kept hollering "ENCORE ENCORE!!!" I didn't want to go home. I left wanting even more!

No comments: