Last weekend, I took my first ever trip to the Carolinas and it was worth it! My friend Jenn W. Beyer got married to a great dude whose name is Tyler Talton. Perfect is the word to describe every detail of the weekend!
So, although her name is now changed, I think I’m going to have a really difficult time not calling her “Beyer.” I hope Tyler doesn’t get upset if I’m honest and say, “I don’t really want to try! Beyer is classic!” (consider this post a practice session for calling her "Jenn")
Okay, so where do I start?
1. Getting to see old friends and meeting new ones was great! Healthy Laughing with Your gut happening all around!
2. Soaking up the Southern Hospitality was one of my favorites! Okay, so there are VERY few guys in Houston who do this and I want to applaud them and make sure they know that I'm not taking them for granted, but EVERY guy that was around when I was near a door made sure to open/hold/close the door for me! I hardly touched a door while I was there! I loved it!
3. Carolina beaches! OMG - Why aren’t they closer to home??? I’d spend every waking hour there, so it’s probably not too terrible a thing. Guess what? I learned how to boogie board! Yeah, that’s right it’s taken me a while….I ended up with scraped knees, but not too bad. It was FUN!!
4. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. Here’s Jenn and her Dad!
I don’t know how one person can be gorgeous, extremely smart and have an amazing personality. I don’t know that it’s common, but she got it all!
5. And here’s a picture of Jenn & Tyler. All of Tyler’s friends were amazed that Jenn got Tyler to shake his groove thing for their dance! It was great! ;o)
6. Desserts! DELICIOUS! Seriously. I had too much dessert I think! Here’s the cookie cake that was at the rehearsal dinner…the groom’s cake had the same Seven-eleven design! So clever!!