Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Giving Thanks

It is Autumn - my favorite season of the year. It makes me think back and reflect on all the good things that have occurred in my life and also what I've learned through the hard times. It is a time of Thanksgiving! In preparation for the actual Thanksgiving holiday, I started a list early in the year in the back of my journal of things that make me happy. And let me tell you - I am a HAPPY GIRL! I add to this list often!

However, I ran across a list today that surpasses the list I have written in my journal. This list is found in Ephesians 1:3-14 and it is what God has done for me! So, I want to share it with you because it is pretty amazing!

So, I am thankful because God has:
  1. Blessed me with every spiritual blessing.
  2. Chosen me.
  3. Predistined and adopted me.
  4. REDEEMED me.
  5. FORGIVEN me.
  6. LAVISHED His GRACE on me.
  7. Made known the mystery of His will.
  8. Provided and eternal inheritance.
  9. Sealed me in Christ.
  10. Guaranteed my inheritance.
He wants the same for you! John 3:16 - the most famous Bible verse says: For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not parish but have eternal life.

When we die, we have a destination. Heaven or Hell. It's true. But God doesn't condemn...see John 3:17 - For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

It also says in 2 Peter that "...God is patient with [us], not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

When we respond to Christ's invitation to be HIS, we are richly blessed. (See the list from Ephesians.)

My heart is overwhelmed by His goodness this morning. I had to share this with you!!

No comments: