Friday, November 13, 2009

The Drums Are Rollin

I've been in a season of suspense. I've gotten into the seat, secured my seat belt, and I'm in the slow climb uphill on a roller coaster. I think my knuckles are turning white. I'm ready to let go, lift my arms up and let out a good holler.

I realized last night that I have 3 days for the results of an important exam I took in late October. Everyone says - "oh Mims you have it in the bag." But can I just say that speaking on command and under pressure is not like having a conversation with your best friend. It's more like pulling your wisdom teeth out and taking too much Vicodin.

I hope that I'm able to eat sleep and socialize like a normal person but if I'm walking around like a zombie with the jitters just know...I'm holding on tight until I can let go. I've never looked forward to a Monday so much in my life!

**********

On another note, I'm going to prison tomorrow. It's been a long time. I'm excited to see what's in store and also very excited to meet the new class. It's amazing how time flies...this "new" class will graduate December 4th (I think).

No comments: