Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Next to the Bible...

I wrote this January 2009. I remember the context well and I laugh a bit when I read this. I'm thankful that I'm a teacher now. And I'm very thankful those winds of change brought some needed fresh air!

******************

Next to the Bible, if you look a little to your left there's "You've Got Mail."

Mr. Joe Fox tells my hero Kathleen Kelly:

"You're at war. 'It's not personal, it's business. It's not personal it's business.' Recite that to yourself every time you feel you're losing your nerve. I know you worry about being brave, this is your chance. Fight. Fight to the death."

So inspirational! Don't you think? Because really...we recite that to ourselves knowing full well that when people are involved it's personal. Business doesn't grow without personal investment.

When life gives you limes you make limeade. If these people don't like your limeade - make some popsicles and take them to someone new!

2009 has the winds of change blowing through the corridors.

No comments: