It was just that! It was a whirl wind!! I neglected this blog quite a bit! But I have plans to turn that around.
So what was accomplished this year? I ran two half marathons. I got to go to Guatemala for a month this summer. I found my niche in teaching - 4th grade ESL! I paid off my credit card debt! ON TO THE STUDENT LOANS! The traditions we have as a family were totally awesome this year! It's like we all craved it and made sure it happened...right down to the punch with sherbet at Christmas!! :o)
I didn't accomplish weight training or braces...there was NO PLAN! And my 30 before 30 list is pretty much out the window...again no plan. But perhaps I'll do a daring 40 before 40 list. HAHAHA...10 years to accomplish WORLD PEACE!
This was the best year EVER! This coming year I'm turning 30 and I have a feeling it will be even better!! I really can't wait!! 30 is going to be my new 25! I loved 25.
So...moving along to the NEW YEAR!
HAPPY 2012! The Year of Going Back to Basics!
It seems like the older I get the more time flies. And the more I think I should simply. I also think a lot about how important it is to declare that Jesus is my life more publicly. Sure, everyone that knows me knows this about me. What you may not know is that sometimes I really struggle with even going to church...or reading my bible...or praying. It SUCKS! Because as much as it is a struggle, I know that JESUS is my TRUE source of JOY in my life. Maybe I'll share my testimony some time on this Delightful Surprises...
This year, rather than thinking about simplifying and prioritizing, the plan is to actually DO IT! So what does that mean or even look like? I'm not 100 percent sure, but I have some things in mind.
Here's what I have to set the tone for the year...
THEME VERSE for 2012:
Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God’s throne.
THEME PICTURE for 2012:
THEME SONG for 2012:
GOALS for 2012:
- Read my Bible daily. Okay, so I've had this app on my phone for a while, but I HAD NO IDEA that it has different plans to read the Bible in various ways (like reading in 90 days or a year). So, as you read following one of these plans, it shows your progress on this little bar...I'm so excited, because not only do I want to read my Bible, but I also like progress. So not only will I have intangible rewards, I'll also have a little bar that will say: "Mims, you're making progress!" :o)
On a serious note, I think one of the problems I have is that my LOVE for literature often has me overlook the BOOK. I'm missing out on the perspective, direction, guidance it gives.
Does this mean that I won't be reading other books for fun? Absolutely not. It just means that I want to make sure to read my Bible...INTENTIONALLY!
- Less time on Facebook and Pinterest. This is HUGE. Like ENORMOUSLY huge. I've noticed that I am not as creative as I know that I can be. And I've also noticed my absorption to FB and Pinterest...almost to the point of neglecting the people I have around me. Not to mention wasting lots of time. In order to accomplish this, I deactivated my FB account and removed both the FB and Pinterest apps from my phone. COLD TURKEY! So I suppose this is to be more intentional with my time, things and people around me rather than checking status updates and things I could possibly do instead of actually doing them.
- This one is something I used to do...that I miss. And you may laugh. It's kind of silly...But here it is...I want to make my bed every morning. (insert bashful face) There's a discipline that I've lost along the way. I'm not sure why? Maybe waking up too late and rushing out the door? Like I said...I'm going back to BASICS!
- I would like to run one half-marathon. I haven't been running very much. I don't know if it's possible to go back, but I want to do it. I have a race in mind, but I'll reserve the date for later.
- Lay off the lists. I love lists! I do, but sometimes I like them so much that they paralyze me. I want to be a bit more spontaneous.
- Significantly decrease the Student Loan Debt. I really wanted to finish by my 30th birthday, but it'll probably happen for my 31st which is just fine. I really can't wait!!
- Braces? I'm such a wimp when it comes to pain....and I hear this hurts!!
That's all folks. I hope you've had a great start to the year!