Saturday, December 22, 2007

Santa Claus Comes to Town!

When we were kids, long before Tim was ever a thought and Sharpstown mall became shady, Aser was asking my dad to please, Please, PLEASE!!! take us to see Santa! My dad didn't want to. So Aser did what kids do best - Ask, and it shall be given you. I chimed in, too. We probably worked his nerves so bad that he said, "You will see that Santa will come to the house."
Aser and I were both like - YEAH SANTA's COMING!!! Little did we know that Dad was wondering what in the world he had gotten himself into. He asked my grandfather, who was an excellent tailor, to make him a Santa suit and a huge red sack.
So, Christmas Eve comes around and we're celebrating Christmas and there is a knock at the door. Aser was asked to open the door (because it was his request to visit Santa) - Lo and behold it was SANTA!!! Aser was in awe and I took one look and spoiled it: "That's not Santa - THAT'S MY DAD!"

I never heard the sleigh bells. Aser DID!

My dad makes a better Santa now! ;o) He got the chance to brighten some faces. Here's a picture.

No comments: