Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Wednesday Word: making wednesday worthwhile

From J-Good's quotation stash:
A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.
Burt Bacharach (1928 - )

I do the above. Reading that made me laugh because it's TRUE! Don't lie!! And thank goodness for God's invention of a brain that never stops soaking new vocabulary. I love words. Have I ever mentioned that?

**********
Today's word is in honor of three great girls - well, really FOUR great girls! We all used to work together and still make it a point to get together and celebrate birthdays, friendship and, OF COURSE, CHRISTMAS!
soi·ree [swah-rey] : -noun, an
evening party or social gathering, esp. one held for a particular purpose.
Also, soi·rée.


Here's my favorite picture of us - old, but good!

Check Patricia's blog for recent pictures!

2 comments:

JMT said...

What seems to be the problem with your blog? I can't tell anything. Cute choice for Wednesday word. Are you ready for Christmas?

JMT said...

INDEED, my friend. Luckily belief isn't reserved only for Santa. You can believe in Christ, of course, and in hope, truth, beauty, and all the other good things. Believe in yourself and in the best of the people around you.