So...without further ado, here is the list of books I read this year.
- Let Me Be A Woman, Elisabeth Elliot
- Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel García Márquez
- One Day, All Children...: The Unlikely Triumph of Teach for America & What I learned Along the Way, Wendy Kopp*
- A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier, Ishmael Beah*
- The Butterfly Jar, Poems by Jeff Moss*
- Esther: A Woman of Strength and Dignity, Charles R. Swindoll
- Confessions of a Shopaholic, Sophie Kinsella
- My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult
- Big Russ & Me, Tim Russert*
- The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus, Brennan Manning*
- A Raisin in the Sun, Lorraine Hansberry*
- Crazy Love, Francis Chan*
- Joseph: A Man of Integrity & Forgiveness, Charles R. Swindoll*
- I Would Die For You, Brent & Deanna Higgins
- The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffegger
- Like Water For Chocolate, Laura Esquivel*
- The Book of Romance, Tommy Nelson
- Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen*
- Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone, J.K. Rowling
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Barbara Robinson*
Of the christian books, Joseph: A Man of Integrity & Forgiveness by Charles R. Swindoll is my favorite. I couldn't help but fall in LOVE with the man of God from ages past!
And for non-christian reads, I'd have to say that I really and truly enjoyed Like Water for Chocolate. Couldn't put that one down at all. There is something about Spanish Literature that leaves me wanting more!!
So, there you have it. I accomplished that goal. Gold star for me! :o)