Monday, March 9, 2009

Prison Entrepreneurship Program

See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:18


I went to P.E.P. on Friday. Every time I go I get another dose of hope. Hope is addicting. (not that I don't have IT...it's just REALLY tangible there.) You should really consider going - it'll change your perspective on prisoners, not to mention your LIFE. And if you say you're a follower of Jesus and that you love your neighbor as yourself - I challenge you to do something that goes against your grain and GO TO PRISON!


These men are thirsty for life change and P.E.P. is there to support them. It is no piece of cake - if they make it into the program it doesn't mean they get to stay. They go through rigorous interviews and character assesments. When they make it in, if they show laziness, pride, flirtiness, a short temper - they are OUT! And they have to do 50 push ups for every cuss word that comes out of their mouth. And this new class has only been there a week and they've already had about 4 exams. Let's see you try it, eh?

Tell them you heard about it from Mimi, a.k.a. TROUBLE.
Watch this video too, Okay? Perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU DID IT! Go get 'em Tiger!