Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thirty Minutes

People are hilarious. I've been spending my Saturdays taking a professional development course about teaching GT students. The age range among the teachers is pretty vast. Personalities are all over the board. In two weekends and as a first year teacher, I've looked around and thought - Cool and Uncool. I want to be like her when I get older. And I definitely hope not to be anywhere near her.

Do you guys do this? I do this....a lot. I don't know that it's good or bad but I do it.

Today - I had to laugh at this older lady. It sounds mean, but this is our situation: We made a commitment to attend this course for 4 consecutive Saturdays. It's scheduled from 8 - 4. The option we've been given is to have a working lunch and get out THIRTY minutes early OR go out and spend those THIRTY minutes to eat.

Well, this lady's face contorted and she was VISIBLY upset when there was argument to eat out because the Quilt Show only comes around once a year and she NEEDS to go!! Folks, it's THIRTY minutes and she nearly had a cow. I just had to LAUGH!! I mean - there were other options to take this course online or on different dates. If she really wanted to go this quilt show, couldn't she have considered other options? Is THIRTY MINUTES really going to give her the time she wanted at the quilt show? LOL!!!

I am praying tonight that I am not like this when I grow up....and that I could extend grace and be kind.

No comments: