Friday, October 22, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

This is one of my favorite proverbs (not Proverbs but proverbs) EVER! I love it because it's so stinken true!!

In the movie my best friend's wedding, Julia Roberts' character sent an email that she later regretted. She was was in hysterics over it. It created a big riff between her best friend and his fiancee. They called off the wedding because of this email (or was it when she kissed her best friend?). To console herself, she stepped out of the hotel room where her best friend was staying and had a smoke. The bellman comes by and tells her that it's a no smoking area. She explains to him how she screwed everything up. He responds with my favorite line in the movie: "You know, my grandmother once told me...This too shall pass." He said it with so much conviction, it makes me laugh!

Well - it's true. I was FREAKING out about this week. I was coming to school fairly early and going to sleep at ridiculous times in the morning to wake up a couple hours later to go back to school and do it all over again. One day this week, I forced myself to be social just so I don't feel like a madwoman. I made it. It's Friday!

(Then it starts over again next week! I'll make it then too.)

No comments: